Greetings to all NCFL schools.
The Portland (Maine) Diocese of the National Catholic Forensic League and Poland Regional High School cordially invites all members of the Portland CFL organization to attend the national qualifying tournaments:
- Student Congress on January 27, 2018 in coincidence with the Maine State Championship Tournament at Bangor High School
- Speech and Debate at Poland Regional High School on February 3, 2017
Note: There is separate registration on tabroom.com for the two dates.
Competitors of NCFL member schools participating in Congressional Debate at the State Tournament may register on tabroom.com to qualify for the 2018 NCFL National Tournament. This registration and entry fees are in addition to registering for the Maine State Championship Tournament.
- Entry is $7.00 per competitor and will be invoiced separately from your registration to the state tournament.
- There are no entry limits.
- Judge burdens are determined by registration to the Maine State Championship Tournament and do not need to be specified in the CFL-specific registration on tabroom.com.
The Portland Diocese is awarding the honor of for qualifiers. We anticipate four chambers at the Maine State Championship Tournament. The top NCFL-member speaker in each chamber will qualify. If there are less than four chambers, the top speaker in each chamber plus the next highest in score will be awarded qualification. Two alternates will be selected from the pool of students with the highest scores.
Make check payment to D’Arcy Robinson, Portland CFL Director.
I look forward to a smooth and stimulating NCFL-qualifying Congressional Debate competition.
D’Arcy F. Robinson, Portland Diocese Director